[lbo-talk] FT on massacre

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 05:30:38 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:51 PM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at illinois.edu>wrote:

Israel is the USG's dogsbody - to its own corruption -
> and has been for forty years.

Carl and I have had this same exchange elsewhere, and are unlikely to arrive at any more of a resolution here. But I still fail to see how a state whose very existence requires minority rule, and the social and political exclusion of a majority - that is to say, an apartheid state - is exactly ripe for corruption. What might a non-corrupted State of Israel look like? If it were to fulfill its most basic obligations towards the Palestinians - starting with recognizing the inalienable right of return of the millions of refugees, thereby establishing an Arab majority - it would, ipso facto, cease to be the State of Israel, no?