[lbo-talk] FT on massacre

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Jun 2 18:18:59 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Without $7.5 billion transfers - essentially official and private aid
> from the U.S. - [Israel] would be running a giant current account
> deficit. Instead of having its international assets roughly in balance,
> it'd be a debtor at the feet of the IMF.

It's a public fact that US annual US public aid to Israel has been ~$3B ever since Camp David. But has annual US private aid really consistently been ~$4.5B during that same period? To me that's news, and important news, esp. in a post 9/11 world where effectively cutting off private donations is now commonplace. Do you remember the sources for this figure?

Michael