[lbo-talk] FT on massacre

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jun 2 20:37:33 PDT 2010

historically the pattern has always been that private and public money even out.

But is this amount direct aid or does it also include loans? The pattern there is that they wind up being forgiven.

J ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 6:56:52 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] FT on massacre

On Jun 2, 2010, at 9:18 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> It's a public fact that US annual US public aid to Israel has been ~
> $3B ever since Camp David. But has annual US private aid really
> consistently been ~$4.5B during that same period? To me that's
> news, and important news, esp. in a post 9/11 world where
> effectively cutting off private donations is now commonplace. Do
> you remember the sources for this figure?

I got the $7.5b from the IMF's International Financial Statistics. I recall hearing years ago that private aid was also in the $3b neighborhood. Some of the $7.5b might come from other countries as well.