[lbo-talk] Totally related: Movie question

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Jun 3 09:39:51 PDT 2010

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:27:11 -0400 "shag carpet bomb" <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> I saw this on Amazon, in a review of a DVD set:
> http://www.amazon.com/review/R18GGABOYVAABT

Terrific. For once my vague memory was correct as far as it went -- I thought it was the same movie with the famous Ping-Pong game, but couldn't place that either. You Can't Cheat An Honest Man.

Apparently this snake story was an old chestnut of Fields'; he also used it on the radio, almost word-for-word, though in the movie he sets the scene at "Lake Titicaca", a place name he seems to have liked quite a lot. And of course the repeating sight gag of the lady fainting away is absent from the radio version.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"Everyone has his favorite passage from the Theodosian Code." -- M I Finley