[lbo-talk] Ingo Elbe: Between Marx, Marxism, and Marxisms

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 12:35:18 PDT 2010

Charles:

> Aristotle's discussion of commodities in ancient Greek society?

As far as I am aware, money existed in ancient Greece. So this does absolutely nothing in terms of making a case for the existence of simple commodity production.

> Why don't u just write right here, right now a succinct summary of _your_
> opinion as to the "distortions introduced by the Second International"

When I take the time to translate something and share it with others, it is because I think a text is worth reading.

Translation takes time and effort; in the case of a rigorous scholar like Ingo Elbe, it also means I have to spend additional time hunting down quotations in English, or translating things that he quotes that aren't in English.

For that reason, if you think his ideas are worth taking issue with, please go read the links I provided. If you are not interested, that's fine. I'm not going to engage in a proxy discussion on his behalf. When translators translates books, nobody asks the translator to argue by proxy for the author. If you want to have a discussion with me *about* Elbe's text, I would suggest reading it. I have a few more sub-sections to go, then it will be finished. Each sub-section will be posted as it is completed.