[lbo-talk] the new official IDF line

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 14:16:08 PDT 2010

At 02:05 PM 6/4/2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

>Israel seems like a country in the grip of a profound collective
>mental disorder.

I think Terry Southern wrote this bit:

When I hit the deck, I was immediately attacked by people with bats, metal pipes and axes," S. told the Post. "These were without a doubt terrorists. I could see the murderous rage in their eyes and that they were coming to kill us."

S. does not look like a hero. Well-built, like all commandos in the Shayetet, he is also soft-spoken and stingy with words, but his commander Lt.-Col. T. fills in the blanks.

"S. did a remarkable job," T. said. "He stabilized the situation and succeeded in hitting six of the terrorists."