[lbo-talk] more on lunatic state

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 21:29:31 PDT 2010

I don't know where Finkelstein may have found the particulars relating to his statement, but Chomsky has been employing this trope for decades, t claiming that the U.S. has cultivated an unpredictable, "madman" image to unnerve its enemies. I don't have a specific source at hand, but I'm sure that it can be found in virtually any of Noam's many volumes.