[lbo-talk] Exxon Valdez lessons for BP claimants

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 09:21:36 PDT 2010

Jordan: "NEW DELHI - More than 25 years after a plume of fatal toxic gas from an American-owned chemical plant wafted over the slumbering city of Bhopal, eight former executives ..."

[WS:] Does not it lead to the conclusion that corporations and their bosses are uebermenschen operating largely above the law to which ordinary mortals are subjected - a position that I argued some time ago on this forum, to which you replied that contract law can provide sufficient remedies? How do you think justice should be served in cases like Bhopal or Deepwater Horizon? China uses death penalty in such cases, but we are all against death penalty, are we not?

Wojtek