[lbo-talk] U.S. in Israel's corner; IS is US

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jun 9 10:33:56 PDT 2010

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> At 09:46 AM 6/9/2010, Wojtek S wrote:
>
> >I just do not think that psychoanalysis is the right tool to do this
> >job. It focuses too much on non-observable "inner motives"
>
> What makes them "non-observable"?

That, in Freudian theory, they are said to exist in a location that doesn't exist, The Unconscious. We've gone over this a number of times. Almsot all thought and feeling is unconscious, but the concept of The Unconscious is more mysterious than the Holy Ghost. Freudian psychology is grounded in the metaphor of the steam engine. A worthlesds analogue for "the mind."

Carrol