[lbo-talk] U.S. in Israel's corner; IS is US

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 11:27:54 PDT 2010

Dennis: "What makes them "non-observable"?"

[WS:] I have not seen any "inner motives" of other people in my entire life, but if you or others did, show me.

But more seriously - the belief in relatively stable and independent of external influences "inner motive" is no different than a belief in "personal preferences" that underlies the neo-classical economic theory. If one rejects the latter, why not the former? As I see, the belief in personal preferences shaping but not being shaped by social interaction is a fundamental weakness of the neo-classcial school - not just in terms of its explanatory power but also politically reactionary outlook on social interaction. So what is bad for the goose, is also bad for the gander, no?

Wojtek