[lbo-talk] U.S. in Israel's corner; IS is US

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 12:15:10 PDT 2010

[WS:] It is not that much about inner motives, but what kind. It's like in this old joke - Herr Rozenkrantz and Herr Goldstein meet in a Vienna cafe ca. 1925. Both pick up newspapers from the rack: Goldstein- a respectable liberal daily, Rozenkrantz - a rabidly anti-Semitic tabloid. "Herr Rozenkrantz" asks Goldstein "why are you reading such rubbish?" "Herr Goldstein" replies Rozenkrantz "your paper says that Jews are being persecuted all over Europe, while my paper says that Jews are secretly running banks and governments all over Europe. I prefer the good news."

Likewise, psychoanalysts tell us that humans are invariably motivated by envy, egotism, and frustrated desires, while interactionists tell us that human motivation and behavior (good or bad) are shaped by social interaction. I prefer the optimistic message :).

Wojtek