[lbo-talk] U.S. in Israel's corner; IS is US

Homo Indeterminatus homoindetermin at aim.com
Wed Jun 9 15:48:32 PDT 2010

On Jun 9, 2010, at 11:58 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Are you familiar with the sense "die" bore in the 17th-c?

Damn. If that's supposed to be an ass-kicking, you need bigger boots.

I'm no more "familiar" with anything about the 17th century than you are. But I have stood alone on the scorched, smoldering remains of our future earth, knowing that I am the Last One, that all we know of sentience now ends, and that only I remain as a witness to its demise - recollecting as a final gesture the millennial horrors of our injustice, and grieving, to the best of my abilities, the loss of what little, fleeting beauty "we," such as we are, will ever have been capable of creating - in the astonishing little tragicomedic one-act we will have staged, whether we knew it at the time or not, between genesis and phthora.

Familiar? Pshaw...