[lbo-talk] a collage of lies

Victor Friedlander victor at kfar-hanassi.org.il
Wed Jun 9 23:09:08 PDT 2010

Regarding your comments on logic: It depends on what you mean by consistency. Modern logic, founded as it is on propositional calculus cannot allow for the least tolerance for semantic ambiguity. The operating mechanism of dialectics, classical and modern, is completely dependent on the formulation and clarification of ambiguous categories e.g. war as a duel between states (v. Clausewitz), language as meaningful speech (Vygotsky), utility as exchange value (K. Marx).

Regarding your comments on International Law: Here we are clearly in agreement: I learn something new every day on this list. Imagine my surprise to find that the Declaration of London in 1909 and the San Remo Manual... are Israeli inventions!