[lbo-talk] capitalist ideology revamped

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 10 08:46:38 PDT 2010

NEW YORK, NY – A new book by Anthony Scaramucci, the founder of SkyBridge Capital a leading global alternative investment firm with $5.6 billion in assets under management, "It is up to us to approach life with the right attitude and positively react, not letting changes diminish our spirit or initiative, or damage our personal reputation," Scaramucci writes in his new book Goodbye Gordon Gekko: How to find your fortune without losing your soul, from John Wiley and Sons, May 31, 2010. "If we keep our values intact we will be fine regardless of what happens."

In Goodbye Gordon Gekko, http://www.GoodbyeGordonGekko.com, Scaramucci explores opportunities for leading a rich life in a difficult, radically changed economy. With years of experience at Goldman Sachs, and having co-founded two successful alternative investment management companies, the author provides a behind-the-scenes view of life on Wall Street-the wins and the losses, the rights and the wrongs.

According to Scaramucci, it is time to start a new dialogue in the business world focused on:

• Ridding oneself of egotistical tendencies, developing self-awareness; • Developing the self-awareness to bounce back from failure; • Succeed by building a circle of competence around trusted people; • Mentoring and celebrating others; • Giving back to the community and country all the while targeting success; • Seeing capitalism as an art and businesses as creations and

vocations and not simply as levers to feeding one's ego.

"A fun, easy read, with sage advice. Scaramucci is a player, looking under the rocks of corruption in our financial capital, and he survives as an honest soul." —OLIVER STONE, Three time Academy Award Winner; Director, Wall Street and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

"With extraordinary honesty, grace, clarity, humor, insight, and emotional intelligence, Anthony Scaramucci here masterfully delivers timeless and priceless wisdom and wit that will ennoble and energize parents and children, teachers and students, coaches and athletes, bosses and workers, not to mention all three branches of government." — DAVID M. DARST, CFA, Managing Director and Chief Investment Strategist,Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Doug Would you be interested in a copy of Goodbye Gordon Gekko to review and an interview with Anthony Scaramucci for Behind the News- Doug Henwood ?

Please advise. Best,

Imal Wagner