[lbo-talk] weekend

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 08:45:16 PDT 2010

martin <mschiller at pobox.com> writes:

> has anyone had any 'ideas' - [love those 'scare quote' things] - regarding a means to 'stop' the 'leak'?
>
> In case anyone wants to play, I'll submit a contribution. Drag a big blanket over it and then bury the blanket.

The wellhead is compromised, if you just plug the top of the whole like that, the 700 atmospheres of pressure will rupture the walls of the wellhead and the oil will be coming out many new holes all around the area. The only way to stop the oil is the bottom kill technique, and, in a hilarious sidebar, that technique almost never works.

-- In Solidarity, Billy O'Connor