[lbo-talk] new blog post: A Coda on Solidarity: Iran, the Left and Noble Savages | The Activist

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:57:06 PDT 2010

"Frankly," besides for noting the fact that I have never defended Zionism or any of its crimes and that your equivocation is idiotic--- It's relevant to note that the ANSWER coalition has actively marshaled support for the Iranian regime. If the DSA were participating in solidarity protests and distributing propaganda in defense of the state of Israel and against the rights of those in refugee camps your comparison would be more apt. Or if DSA was a democratic centralist organization with a controlled and coherent "line." Or if DSA proclaimed itself to be a vanguard party.... I have no desire to "see the faith in the motives" of those that would dismiss the Iranian protesters as spoiled petit-bourgeois brats without any real grievances or Gucci revolutionists and it was perhaps a waste of time to give them serious engagement.