[lbo-talk] what are hipsters?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jun 15 10:30:56 PDT 2010

>> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Mike Beggs <mikejbeggs at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> There is
>>> a write-up here, implying that the main idea was that the hipster
>>> is
>>> always someone else:
>>>
>>> http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/the-death-of-the-hipster-panel/
>
> But isn't the real, authentic, fully self-presencing hipster the one
> who *knows* the hipster is always someone else?

since it's important to have a contest about who is least hip - the one thing I did discover from my reading of facebook, etc., then of course, if you are authentically hip then you would want to be a hipster. afterall, what could be less hip than wanting to be a hipster?

Shag FTW! -- http://cleandraws.com Wear Clean Draws ('coz there's 5 million ways to kill a CEO)