[lbo-talk] new blog post: A Coda on Solidarity: Iran, the Left and Noble Savages | The Activist

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 15 15:29:27 PDT 2010

We are citizens of the state than enables Israeli oppression of Palestinians, and it isn't our business to dictate strategy or tactics to the Palestinians in their struggles to survive or to formulate their goals for them. Our central concern, then, is to move more of our fellow citizens to see the illegitimacy of the state of Israel, not because we will thereby dissolve that state but because that is the perspective from which we can broaden understanding of the role _our_ state plays in world affairs. Neither Joe's arguments nor SA's will have an impact on events in the Middle East. But SA's remarks will in a minor way contribute to the confusion of U.S. citizens concerning their own state.

Carrol