[lbo-talk] going galt

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Jun 17 08:12:36 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 07:39:19PM -0400, Michael Pollak wrote:

> As someone who depends on other people to read this book so I don't have
> to, I'm intrigued. Indeed I haven't ever heard this twist mentioned.
> Does she give any picture of what the energy is made out of?

Nah. It is - quite literally - a black box. Since in Galtland there is no gov't to enforce Intellectual Property laws, the mechanism behind this little piece of wundertech is kept secret, even from the reader.

If she had been more clever, she might have called it a Replicator.

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot,

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim/google/MSN/yahoo: beyondzero123

I still say a church steeple with a lightening rod on top shows a lack of confidence.

-Doug McLeod