[lbo-talk] Garry Wills does nice short summary of RS article

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Jun 25 15:09:56 PDT 2010

Trying to figure out what foreign policy planners had in mind, is ... I draw a blank. I look at the destruction and stupidity of every move they've made and still can't quite believe it.

Since none of it makes rational sense from any perspective from imperialism to plots for controlling oil, I gave up long ago. Even the Afghanistan attacks didn't make sense. Most the plotters for 9/11 were from Saudi Arbia and Pakistan, with their small leadership camped in Afghanistan. Afghanistan had devolved into Badlands of some sort. I remember doing a crash reading program to figure out what Afghanistan was. It wasn't a nation state. It was a collection ethnic and tribal factions.

This whole decade doesn't make sense. Nothing Bush or Obama has done make sense. The whole top tier elite have only one plan, get rich, then get richer, and let the rest of the country and the world go to hell. period.

We are now reaping the wind. One after another after another disaster hits and all the elite can do is try to cover-up the scale, go in damage control mode as if public relations was the problem.

CG