[lbo-talk] A Fighter for Democracy

michael perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Jun 29 08:10:07 PDT 2010

Lanny Davis, Clintonite PR flack, was in the news recently standing up for democracy by defending the coup in Honduras. Today, I read in the New York Times that Davis is now defending the democratic credentials of Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, the beloved leader of Equatorial Guinea, so beloved that he wins his elections with over 90% of the vote. After experience of leading his country for more than three decades, "Mr. Obiang denied that large amounts of his country’s oil wealth had been stashed in bank accounts abroad and defended his long rule, saying, 'My country is democratic'.”

One would have thought that the president's word alone would be sufficient. Perhaps, he is spending the $1 million for the services of Mr. Davis as an act of charity to support the work of that humanitarian.

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com