[lbo-talk] workers take pay in virtual coin

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 30 10:35:44 PDT 2010

At 05:00 PM 6/29/2010, shag carpet bomb wrote:

>>Neither sport's monopoly capitalist in form, like NFL football, nor
>>do they embrace the
>>post-Fordist hero-worship of basketball. Huge baseball fan I.
>
>damn buncha artisanal class hipsters is what you are.

Baseball and Marx are so old and stodgy they're kewl again. Before long even cool will be kewl again.

This is semi-Marxist George Will on baseball and football:

"55, 56 (now 75) million people pay to get into (baseball) ballparks every year. Not one of them buys a ticket to see an owner. I happen to be a semi-Marxist in this field, I believe in the labor theory of value. The players are the labor, they create the economic value. They ought to get the lion's share of the rewards."

"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings."