[lbo-talk] Responsibilities

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 12:00:36 PST 2010

Carrol Cox

> Carrol Cox wrote:

I don't quite understand the link between Ted's response and the quoted passage from my post. How doe my text incorporate any idea of capitalists as the emboiment of demonic genius? I was arguing that, in general, the dP leadershp avoids policies that would endnager 'big' capital, and that (as I think Doug has periodically argued) 'big' capital is either indifferent to the so-called "social issues" or actually prefers "progressive" polcies towards gays, women, etc. And in my parenthesis on "ruling class" I meant to indicate my scepticism re any direct orders from an organized class -- that is, to leave open the question of just _how- capitalsit intersts get embodied and manifested while asserting the fact.

^^^^^

CB: A major potential political educational aspect of the recent multi-trillion dollar bailout of Wall Street is that right on television and the internet, openly and directly, the ruling class ordered the federal government to give that bailout to monopoly finance corporations. That was "open rule", right before our very eyes, so to speak. Paulson went right over to the WH and Congress with direct orders from Wall Street, and they showed him doing it in all the mass media.