[lbo-talk] Weird Cultural Mutants

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 15:25:05 PST 2010

Whatever,

----- Original Message ---- From: Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>

I'm confused by the subject line.  Do you mean mutant in the sense of  "individual, organism, or new genetic character arising or resulting from mutation"  or in the slang sense of "suggestive of a genetic mutant, as in bizarre appearance or inaptitude."

I ask because, after misspelling Almond's name, you go a little out of your way to tag him Sex Dwarf, a title of only one of hundreds of recordings made over a thirty year career in which he keeps looking for something new and interesting to do.

In any case, there's nothing particularly weird about him recording this album.  As the article you link to points out, he's been working in Russia for 20 years.  This is no weirder than a French singer recording an album of American songs.