[lbo-talk] DO KINDER PEOPLE HAVE AN EVOLUTIONARY ADVANTAGE?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 09:24:11 PST 2010

It wasn't the tie of culture to evolution that was the problem it was saying that the relationship was only 20,000 years old and the rediscovery of the Euro-lactose digestion theory of racial superiority - but this time rooted in biology, and therefore true, that was icky. Someone, other than me, pointed out in the comments that this "discovery" by biologists was old news and someone responded that it didn't matter because anthropologists didn't know about genes... In South Dakota, and elsewhere, legislation has passed or is being considered that insists that teaching climate change teach the controversy, teach both sides, fairly represent skeptics, etc... Thanks for hoisting me on my own metaphorical petard... deserved that. APR