[lbo-talk] Query: Southern Poverty Law Center

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Mar 4 20:17:15 PST 2010

I've vaguely heard of this organization over the years, but know next to nothing about it. Recently I happened upon a rather shrill Chicken Little piece from one of their staffers, Mark Potok, who runs something they call their "Intelligence Report":

http://www.alternet.org/story/145869/right-wing_rage%3A_hate_groups%2C_vigilantes_and_conspiracists_on_the_verge_of_violence

or:

http://tinyurl.com/ruitcaelum

Anybody have any experiences with or observations about SPLC? I wasn't very impressed by Potok's piece, and "Intelligence Report" has an almost Larouche-ite ring to it.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com