[lbo-talk] Philip Mirowski - Social Physicist

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 09:00:27 PST 2010

"Disease" does not mean "thing that makes you feel bad." If everybody had MS, it would not be a disease, anymore than aging is a disease.

----- Original Message ---- From: Vincent Clarke <pclarkepvincent at gmail.com>

I would say this: please be my guest in telling someone with chronic MS that the only reason that they have a disease which confines them to a wheelchair is because "it contradicts our notions of what the human organism should be like". Please also be my guest in explaining your viewpoint to the neurologist studying demyelination and ways to slow down and counteract the problem... Actually while you're at it please explain to the patient's immune system that, you know, its actually okay to that its destroying the coating on brain-tissue and causing the patient horrible suffering - after all, these things are all relative.