[lbo-talk] Philip Mirowski - Social Physicist

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 5 18:15:18 PST 2010

Vincent Clarke wrote:

> Philip who? That's the reaction I usually get when I mention Mirowski. Its
> really annoying - here you have, who I consider to be, one of the most
> important writers of our era, and nobody has a bloody clue who he is. So,
> here's the big question: is anyone around here familiar with Mirowski's
> work, specifically his two most important books "More Heat Than Light:
> Economics as Social Physics, Physics as Nature's Economics" and "Cyborg
> Dreams: Economics Becomes a Cyborg Science"?

I went to this after reading shag's post. Just who are _you_ that we should pay any attention to this message from the blue telling us we're ignorant of the most important book ever written, though none of us have heard of it?

I'll tell you what. You give me a good detailed crtique of the relationship between Paradise Lost and The Cantos, focusing on their shared epic features, & perhaps I'll browse through this bozo a bit. No one on this list seems interested in Pound, but I would hardly dream of whining about it, let alone epressing annoyance.

Carrol