[lbo-talk] March 4

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 18:09:58 PST 2010

Then I suppose I was wrong, Big deal and has nothing to do with the antiquated idea of Great Russian chauvinism. How this relates to Great Russia I'm not sure, since Great vs. Little Russia only has to do with Ukraine.

----- Original Message ---- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Not sure what to make of your Great Russian chauvinism here, but according to Maddison, Russia's economy grew an average of 0.9% a year between 1870 and 1913, less than half the rate of the U.S., Germany, or the UK. Its per capita GDP was 58% of the Western European average in 1820, 49% in 1870, and 40% in 1913.