[lbo-talk] March 4

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 12:33:34 PST 2010

I think it's actually true that the relationship between Russia and Ukraine, Belarus, etc. was a lot closer to the relationship between England and Wales and Scotland and Ireland than it was to the relationship between England and say India. The Russian Empire were basically a really really big UK. Probably for reasons of geography and migration patterns.

----- Original Message ---- From: James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>

More accurate would be 'as a Scot would react to the confusion between "England" and "the United Kingdom." '