[lbo-talk] Tea-heads to swarm the Hill

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Mar 9 11:34:38 PST 2010

In which case under a McCain Administration we might have had rioting in the streets over unemployment. Obama probably has been able to dampen things down just enough to preclude civil unrest, but not enough to really make things better for most people.

That also reminds me that I realized that the antiwar movement was dead, when back in 2004, I saw people that I knew, who been active in antiwar work, stumping for John Kerry (the man who says he had the idea of the "surge" before the Bushies had it). When I saw them starting to work for Kerry, I knew that it was over for the antiwar movement, which has not come back since then.

Jim Farmelant http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant

---------- Original Message ---------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Tea-heads to swarm the Hill Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 14:25:38 -0500

On Mar 9, 2010, at 2:14 PM, farmelantj at juno.com wrote:

> And does anyone
> here think that the policies of
> a McCain administration would
> have been that much different
> from Obama's

The only difference, and it's not insignificant, is the StimPak. Without that, unemployment would be 12% or higher.

Doug

____________________________________________________________ Hotel Hotel pics, info and virtual tours. Click here to book a hotel online. http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=n0EkAf-BEC-cjeUkv6JG7wAAJ1DoEMrytxsVXKlEh0tvqeWlAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAA=