[lbo-talk] Query re Teacher Firings in the U.S.

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 08:37:40 PST 2010

in my desperate bid(s) to find employment, i am considering substitute teaching here in minneapolis.

in an exchange between an old friend in dc and his sister, here, in the twin cities, she replied

"I think it's going to be tough finding any full time teaching positions - lots of districts laying off teachers, as in many other places (funny that teaching seems to come up as a recession-proof occupation on many lists - maybe if you have seniority, but not much for new teachers)."

Is http://www.ilagardien.com My little space in the e-world: A profit-free zone :-)

________________________________ From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wed, 10 March, 2010 10:26:16 Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Query re Teacher Firings in the U.S.

On Mar 10, 2010, at 11:14 AM, ken hanly wrote:

> Obmaa is supposed to be pro-union I thought. The unions will think twice about support him in future at this rate.

On the first, not really. We'll see if he does the recess appointment of whosis to the NLRB. On the second, don't bet on it. They've shown a remarkable ability to get pissed on and come back for more.