[lbo-talk] education times

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:48:53 PST 2010

Sorry, but I'm on an education kick, at the moment, what with all the recent articles and studies and stuff. A panel of state education administrators and governors put their proposal out for comments today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/education/11educ.html

and here's a direct link to the proposal site: http://www.corestandards.org/

The site is really poorly done (frames, which are always bad imo, and then these are poorly implemented) -- they should hire shag.

I've only just started looking at them, so I don't have much to say at this point, except that once again we will be looking at a windfall for textbook publishers and test companies. Changing standards are the best things in the world for them. It's like arms manufacturers liking wars.