[lbo-talk] FYI & Comment if you Wish

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 05:54:03 PST 2010

I shall note that Chris did not draw any conclusions at all.

----- Original Message ---- From: Wendy Lyon <wendy.lyon at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thu, March 11, 2010 4:21:51 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] FYI & Comment if you Wish

On 11/03/2010, Marv Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote:

>  Chris is an impressionable fellow who, by his own admission, doesn't know much about Irish history, nor does he appear to think it important to know in order to arrive at his sweeping conclusions.

In fairness to Chris, the type of Irish people he's likely to meet probably *are* the type who would have no truck for the IRA.  Their support has always been concentrated in working-class areas, where you find a lot fewer world travellers. This is true in both jurisdictions in Ireland. Go into West Belfast, or Dublin's South Inner City, and you're absolutely guaranteed to find plenty of support for the IRA and other armed (or formerly armed) republican groups. The universities and business world, especially in the south, not so much. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk