[lbo-talk] salary guide, University of Illinois

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 11 10:29:50 PST 2010

brad bauerly wrote:

> Wow. Clearly the increase in costs at the University of Illinois is related
> to the rising costs of health care and our societies overvaluation of the
> medical profession in general. Doctors are the new high priests of society,
> extracting the majority of our social production.

kThis may be deceptive. Medical costs include insurance, cost of administration of insurance, office ovehead for physicians in handling insurance, etc etc. Perhaps Doug or someone knows the factual material here, but my impression is that the medical professionis being gradually, and in some instances rapidly, proletarianiszed. ER physicians work killing hours and I'm not sure their pay isall that high.

Carrol