[lbo-talk] Hurt Locker

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Mar 11 12:37:44 PST 2010

Conservatives claim Hurt Locker as their movie and pwogs claim Avatar as theirs and they are both full of sh*t (in this case the right a bit more than the left). I've already vented about Avatar's great white dude Walt Disney rescue motif. Re: Hurt Locker, there are no images of Iraqi social progress in the film, let alone any that can be traced to the U.S. war effort. In fact, in the film there is no image attesting to the progress of the war effort itself, even narrowly construed. Any efforts by the film's sponsors or detractors to suggest the film is an exercise in exalting the American soldier is either self-protective hype or thin propaganda, respectively.

U.S. political discourse is so inane that both sides grasp at straws to fuel their continuing inanity.