[lbo-talk] Disappoint With #125

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 11 13:55:39 PST 2010

On Mar 11, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Max Sawicky wrote:

> If I had my choice, like a Chinese dim sum menu, I would indulge my
> philistine prejudices and zero out lots in literary and cultural
> studies.

I wouldn't, you philistine. I know those fields better than I know econ, and I don't have any desire to eliminate them. Of course some nonsense goes on in those departments, but nonsense goes on everywhere. And, as Carrol says, the nonsense is part of the price you have to pay for the good stuff.

Doug