[lbo-talk] Disappoint With #125

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Fri Mar 12 08:24:38 PST 2010

On 3/12/2010 9:51 AM, John Gulick wrote:
> Along these lines, what do you gents think about this piece? (I think it is a pretty illuminating
> critique overall, although of course to some extent Noble is leveraging it toward his quixotic campaign
> against the AGW consensus of climate scientists.)
>
> "Peer Review as Censorship" http://www.counterpunch.org/mazur02262010.html

i had Noble for several courses at MIT in the late 70's, and he rocked. if he was under any pressure from MIT at the time he taught, i sure didnt notice in the classroom. and yet, that MIT found some reason not to give him tenure is not the least bit surprising, and is totally consistent with where they have headed as an institution.

he's lucky though he doesn't have me in any of his classes now. his AGW stuff deserves great helpings of wrath.

FWIW, he was an EXCELLENT teacher.

Les