[lbo-talk] showdown over piece of crap

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Mar 12 13:16:56 PST 2010

Doug writes:

> Forcing people to buy shitty insurance may not work out well either as
> policy or as politics.

Sure, but again: that's a good reason to throw it out completely?

I think if there's a lesson to be learned over the last 30 years it's that incremental creeping change is the way to get things done in this country. It's certainly how we've taken the biggest hits on our side ... I'm not saying that the Dems understand this -- in fact, the scope of this bill suggests they haven't learned their lesson yet.

But: something rather than nothing? Really?

/jordan