[lbo-talk] showdown over piece of crap

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Mar 12 15:08:53 PST 2010

>> I think if there's a lesson to be learned over the last 30 years it's
>> that incremental creeping change is the way to get things done in
>> this country.
>
> The last time we were talking health care reform was almost 20 years
> ago.

That's not creeping; that's dead! I'm talking about things that have been done *to* us, not done *for* us ... creeping incremental means a little here, a little there, and pretty soon you'll find you have to take your shoes off to go into a polling place.

So let me edit that: incremental change is the way for Republicans to get things done in this country.

> What's changed this time around?

Sorry to mislead: I wasn't saying that health care is getting incremental change with this bill; I was positing that getting a little *starting now* might be a good thing going forward!

Again, relative to throwing the whole thing out. Which Doug (and apprently every Republican) wants to do.

/jordan