[lbo-talk] showdown over piece of crap

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Mar 12 19:12:12 PST 2010

Shane asks:

> Well then, *whose* victory does it represent?

If you demand "all or nothing" then you have to be prepared to go away empty handed sometimes ... maybe my bar has been lowered, but I'm just happy people are talking about it. It's been a long time since people talked about it, and during that time it has gotten progressively worse. Can this be a turning point? Unclear.

But: if this bill goes down, then we're worse off than we were yesterday.

I heard this story once about how in the old days you'd have to pay everyone off to get a bridge built. Today that's still true, but we don't even get the bridge.

> I suggest the answer starts by totaling the amount of
> our taxes that would be funneled as subsidies to the
> health-insurance bandits.

News flash: the US is the most corrupt country in the world.

Ho-hum.

>> But that doesn't imply any particular answer as to (2).
>
> That depends whose side you're on.

(I thought that was against the rules here?)

/jordan