[lbo-talk] Oppression

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:53:18 PDT 2010

Ted Winslow c b wrote:

> Your statement here doesn't say why evidence/expression of
> rational self-determination and self-conscious reason is "basic" in
> the economic structure, but not basic in superstructure.
>
> I'm saying that the expression in economic structure is "basic" because
>
> In human history and society , the necessary
>> conditions are (in) material production. That's why Marx focuses on
>> material production as a scientific, necessary or rational approach to
>> human history.
>
> like I said two posts ago.

As is explicitly claimed in what you quoted, the economic structure is "basic" because it's through self-estrangement within that structure that self-conscious reason develops.

^^^^^ CB: No, the terms "self-estrangement" and "self-conscious reason "are not in what I quoted from the Preface to the Contrib to critique of PoliEcon. "Last" time Marx used those terms was in "The Economic and Philosophic Manuscripts of 1844" or something.