[lbo-talk] more on who the TPers are

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Mar 15 12:46:52 PDT 2010

The principles which I have suggested would be among the principles of a real left movement have been characterized as turning off around 98% of the population. That is probably true -- today! But if they appealred to 1% of the poulation (appeal - calling them out to meetings), they would costittue an extremely powerful movment of one or two million activists.

Let me put it another way. The principles we should be supporting now (insofar as "we" exist at all) should all be principles which, we hope, would appeal to aroun 5% of the population if the nation were to swing slithtly to the left 5 years from now. We need principles that excite those who accept them, not principles which attract only passive approval.

Open Borders.

No Troops ouside the U.S.

No foreign aid or arms sales abroad.

\ Legalized drugs.