[lbo-talk] more on who the TPers are

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:27:23 PDT 2010

Doug Henwood wrote:

> But these demands offer nothing in the way of income support, jobs
> programs, health care, free schooling, or any other kinds of social
> democratic programs that might have some mass appeal. Chris Doss is
> right - this list would appeal more to libertarians than people
> leaning or already solidly left.

I think that's the point, though. The model is the 60s. Carrol's list is calculated to appeal to the most anarchic-spirited elements in society, since they're the ones most likely to make the loudest ruckus in the streets. People interested in jobs and health care are too burdened with the practical worries of life to be of much use to a revolutionary movement. (Correct me if I'm getting all this wrong, Carrol....)

SA