[lbo-talk] the Kultur Krisis

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 17 10:43:52 PDT 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> <http://wsws.org/articles/2010/mar2010/nyc2-m17.shtml>
>
> This is what I'm trying to address comedically, albeit in autobio
> form. This analysis is not only accurate, it's an indictment. And so
> far, a lot of comics have no stomach for this shit, as I've recently
> experienced point blank. Call me crazy, but I'm going through with
> it. What else is there to do?

Go for it, man. We need you.

I thought this piece was an accurate indictment. I usually resist the "things are getting worse" line, but Walsh makes a convincing case that even the Hollywood mainstream used to do a lot better. Sometimes crises can bring out the best in a society but that doesn't seem to be happening here in the USA. It's like everyone's brain dead.

Doug