[lbo-talk] green consumers: thieving pricks

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 17 17:50:19 PDT 2010

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> Of course, it presumes that one thinks there's any actual good to be done in
> buying certain kinds of products . . .

That's my assumption. I'm at my nastiest when someone suggests that I 'ought' to orgznize my consumption round political or moral principles. I say piss on it. Individual consumption choices have no effect whatever on the world.

O f course organized boycotts are somethng else. I honor picket lines.

Carrol