[lbo-talk] the Kultur Krisis

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 17 18:19:23 PDT 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Eric Beck wrote:

> See, this drives me nuts. I find it extremely masculinist to *demand*
> that artists "critique" events in a manifest way: We must a take these
> issues head on and reveal the truth of them to people.

Sorry to be a pedant again, but did you actually read the piece? It's not like this at all. It's written by a pretty hardass Trot, but it's much more subtle than you allow. He's asking that art ask interesting questions and interpret social developments, not that it reveal truths in some didactic fashion.

Doug