[lbo-talk] no public option? blame Obama

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 17 19:11:52 PDT 2010

<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles-mogulescu/ny-times-reporter-confirm_b_500999.html

"That's a lobbyist for the hospital industry and he's talking about the hospital industry's specific deal with the White House and the Senate Finance Committee and, yeah, I think the hospital industry's got a deal here. There really were only two deals, meaning quid pro quo handshake deals on both sides, one with the hospitals and the other with the drug industry. And I think what you're interested in is that in the background of these deals was the presumption, shared on behalf of the lobbyists on the one side and the White House on the other, that the public option was not going to be in the final product."