[lbo-talk] the power of a name

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 06:37:21 PDT 2010

[WS:] That reminds me a certain episode in Joseph Conrad's novel "Heart of Darkness" in which one of the protagonists carries copper wire pieces of which he uses as payments to natives for their services. It seems that seemingly "civilised" 'Muricans are not that much different from "primitive" natives - which I believe is the message of the novel.

Wojtek