[lbo-talk] Texas school board drops Jefferson, adds Calvin

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:22:36 PDT 2010

Chris Doss Be that as it may, the Law is not central to Christianity, except as I said in some forms of Protestantism (Christ did not lay down any laws, and even encouraged people to obey the Roman ones). It is central in Judaism and Islam.

^^^^^ CB: Most Christian churches I've been in and around still hold the Ten Commandmants as fairly central. Jesus doesn't abolish them, does he ?

When the lawyer (scribe) asks Jesus what is the greatest commandment he states the "law of love'" but there's some phrase implying this summarizes the commandments